Free-for-all reformatting and transformation.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

"Try not to wake up the lights"

There's only so much left to make sense of. Its being poured into a vase.
I'm so tired, I can barely keep wide awake.
The way we once tried to defy closing our eyes makes me wish another day was added to the week.
Kongday. Kong meaning 'empty'. A day without anything to fill it.
We also once tried to bring counting out of effortlessness. Do you remember? I remember eyes staring at me from the seething waters. I remember taking off my glasses as a monk takes off his hood.

I'm off to wonderland one last time. Trains are stopping for the night, their conductors whistling johnny-be-good and twirling their hands like a windmill. I live next to windmill and the birds are my carriers, they twist me in hemp ropes and fly me till I can't figure out how to walk when we land. These are the gravity days, these are the days when I wake up and expect everything that hasn't happened yet to be waiting on my windowsill.

If it doesn't come true, at least we'll still be surrounded by all these books, and that lovely vase will never be bereft of flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers